This paste up is on the 160 foot high Shot Tower in Alexandra Parade Clifton Hill was constructed circa 1882 for Richard Hodgson. Alfred Harber and Simon Hughes were the owners in 1887 before Walter Coop, from the well-known Melbourne shot manufacturing family, purchased the premises in 1896. The Shot Tower is a brick tower around 160 feet tall, circular in plan and resembling a tall chimney. The walls are punctuated at regular intervals by semi-circular arched windows and decorative brick bands. The shaft is finely decorated around the openings, and at various levels, with polychrome patterns, and is topped by a small pavilion.